SundayTasks is a plugin based solution for a backend using CouchDB to handle the load that's required of a typical solution like this. While CouchDB it self can handle a lot of the grunt work of running a service like that, SundayTasks handles things like verifcation to check if your getting spam and hooking into various task and social media apis that needed to have a well rounded back end.
SundayTasks is consistent of three parts, first the main application framework which used Tornando for a scalable evented solution. Extensions which take care of saving the results and providing for example Facebook tokens. Then plugins which are your code that you want to execute.
- Install from source::
- $ python setup.py install
This installs an application called stasks which is used to run a single solution tree.
- Install provided extensions::
- $ pushd sundaytasks/extensions $ python setup.py install
- Install provided example plugins::
- $ popd $ pushd sundaytasks/example $ python setup.py install