All in One Prototyping Tool For Vue Developers
From Component Architecture to Code Exporting
PreVue allows the user to design/visualize their component architecture by allowing users to :
Create components and preview their code
Set up different views/routes
Establish parent-child component relationships
See their application architecture in tree format
Export the component architecture as a Vue application created with the default Vue CLI settings.
Support for Windows now here!
- Mac users only: for now you might need to go to your security settings to allow the app run on your system as we do not have an Apple license yet.
If you find any issues, file issue
How to use
Double click on the application icon
Create components by entering a name and clicking the html elements you need
Clicked elements will be shown on the right sidebar
Drag them around to change the order!
Once you're satisfied, click the button to add a component and it will show up in the center stage, with the ability to resize!
- Edit components by double clicking for the edit modal to show
- Add additional elements to a component with a live preview of the component code
- Drag elements on the right side bar to nest elements
- Establish parent-child component relationships via a dropdown menu when creating or editing components
- Create different routes for your application by entering a new route name and pressing enter
- Any components created on a certain route will be automatically saved to that route
- Play with multiple projects by clicking the add project icon!
- Display a tree view of entire application component architecture when the tree icon on navbar is clicked
Tree View of Application Architecture
- If you ever need to save your current project, click the save project icon to save a json to your local directory
- Next time the application is started, open the project again by clicking the open project icon!
- Once you're satisfied, click the export project icon to export your awesome project as new Vue application!
Below is the generated directory structure of the Vue application that is created when you export your design.
src/ assets/ App.vue components/ UserCreatedComponent1.vue UserCreatedComponent2.vue ... views/ HomeView.vue UserCreatedRouteComponent1.vue UserCreatedRouteComponent2.vue ...
- cmd/ctrl + s: save
- cmd/ctrl + o: open
- cmd/ctrl + n: new project tab
- cmd/ctrl + w: close project tab
Running your own local version
PreVue was developed using node runtime @ v10.15.0. You should make sure you at least have that version installed to ensure full compatibility. You can download the latest version of node here
Clone this repo
git clone https://github.com/teamprevue/PreVue.git
Run electron app
npm run electron:serve
PreVue is currently in beta release. We encourage you to submit issues for any bugs or ideas for enhancements. Also feel free to fork this repo and submit pull requests to contribute as well.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details