- install the Docker client
- create config/action_mailer.yml
- create config/database.yml
- create config/secrets.yml
- customize config/docker.yml.erb
Exemplary configuration files are available in the config directory.
In order to execute code submissions using Docker, source code files are written to the file system and are provided to a dedicated Docker container. These files are temporarily written to Rails.root/tmp/files/. Please make sure that workspace_root in config/docker.yml.erb corresponds to that directory or to a linked directory if using a remote Docker server.
- create config/sendmail.yml
- create config/smtp.yml
- use boot2docker or vagrant if there is no native support for docker on your OS
- create seed data by executing
- if you already created a configuration for your local installation and want to use vagrant, too, be sure to log into the vagrant instance via ssh and add your database user manually to the database. Afterwards, create, migrate and seed.
- create production configuration files (database.production.yml, …)
- customize config/deploy/production.rb if you want to deploy using Capistrano
Useful service maintenance commands
- delete all containers (include running ones)
docker rm -f $(docker ps -aq)
- if the application is run as a service restart it by using
service codeocean restart
- if deployed via capistrano you will find the logs at
[x] WebSocket Suppport [x] Interactive Exercises [ ] Allow Disabling of File Creation [ ] Set Container Recyling per Environment