Static Code Analysis Tool
The Static Code Analysis Tools is a Maven plugin that executes the Maven plugins for FindBugs, Checkstyle and PMD and generates a merged .html report. It is specifically designed for Eclipse SmartHome and openHAB code as it is tailored to respect their coding guidelines.
This project contains:
- properties files for the PMD, Checkstyle and FindBugs Maven plugins configuration in the
- rule sets for the plugins in the
- custom rules for PMD, CheckStyle and FindBugs and unit tests for the rules;
- tool that merges the reports from the individual plugins in a summary report.
- A list of included checks.
- How to use and configure the Static Analysis Tool.
- How to integrate a new check into the tool.
- The example checks provided in the
WhileLoopsMustUseBracesRule) are based on tutorials how to use the API of Checkstyle, FindBugs and PMD. For more info, see javadoc;
- The tool that merges the individual reports is based completely on source files from the https://github.com/MarkusSprunck/static-code-analysis-report that are distributed under a custom license. More information can be found in the LICENSE file.