Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Joshua Harlan Lifton. See LICENSE.txt for details.
Plover: Open Source Stenography Software
Stenography expertise, original concept, feature design, and testing by Mirabai Knight. Code and technical design by Joshua Harlan Lifton. Additional code contributions by Hesky Fisher.
- Supported stenotype protocols:
- QWERTY keyboards with n-key rollover (e.g. Microsoft SideWinder X4)
- Gemini PR (a.k.a. Gemini Enhanced)
- TX Bolt (a.k.a. Gemini TX)
Contact the authors if you would like Plover to support your stenotype machine.
- Why Use Plover?
- For people who can't use their voice to speak but want to communicate in realtime
- For people whose fluency of thought depends on ease and efficiency of text input
- For people who want to avoid wasted effort and repetitive stress injuries
- For people who want to input text and control their computers while walking around
- For people who want to provide live verbatim transcription professionally
- For people who have to be the fastest, no matter what
Plover is not mature software. Once running, it will interpret all keystrokes according to the stenography dictionary you provide. Be careful what you type. When using the Sidewinder or any other normal keyboard with Plover, your normal keyboard shortcuts may not work. Use the mouse or stop the Plover program if you are unsure of what will result from typing.
Plover is available for Windows, OS X and Linux here: http://openstenoproject.github.io/plover/