A new update to Tabular Editor is here! New in this release:
- Updated to latest TOM/AMO (18.104.22.168)
- Improved display of properties in the property grid based on Compatibility Level and Compatibility Mode (whether or not a property should be displayed is now inferred from TOM).
- Adjusted property categories in property grid:
- Most commonly used properties are now always shown in the "Basic" category, with remaining settings in the "Options" category (no more "Misc", "Other", etc.)
- Annotations and Extended Properties have been moved to the "Metadata" category.
- RLS/OLS have been combined with Perspective and Translation data in a separate category, "Translations, Perspectives, Security"
- A new option has been added under File > New Model: Compatibility Level 1520 (Power BI Premium / A-SKU). This option uses the V3 (Enhanced Metadata) setting by default, so you can go right ahead and deploy it to Power BI Premium / A-SKUs.
- SortByColumn property now lets you select a column from a searchable popup window instead of a dropdown.
- All deployments are now done using Database Name. This fixes an issue when deploying to the Power BI Service where an error message would appear even if the deployment was successful.