Presents the values returned by nginx, using the http_stub_status module, are respectively, the number of:
connections initiated, connections handled, requests served
Presents the number of requests served by connection handled by nginx. The requests-connection ratio handled by the server is the ratio:
requests served / connections handled
This is implemented as a RRDtool datasource of type
default type for Munin.
It uses a derivative (technically a finite difference) to compute the connection rate value.
Based on a previous plugin by AkyRhO. It uses
awk to get
the memory used by the master and worker processes of nginx.
- Copy all the scripts to
- Restart the munin-node daemon:
- Done. You should now start to see a new section nginx in your Munin pages with the corresponding graphs.
- All scripts have POD documentation. Issue
perldoc <script name>to read them.
nginx_status accept two environment
- URL: the URL of the nginx status data. The default value is:
- UA: the User Agent that the plugin sends in the HTTP header. Since most sites block the libwww-* user agent to get rid of bad bots and mostly up to no good scanners, the scripts send a different User Agent to get around that.
Both variables can be specified in the
Something like this for altering the URL:
env.ua for altering the User Agent.
Don’t forget to restart the munin-node daemon as described in step 2 of the installation instructions above.
Note: the github handling of Org mode markup is broken. Therefore
[nginx_request] lines are separate from the lines specifying the
It’s not github’s responsibility but rather a bug in Org-Ruby.