A general-purpose file explorer for (rooted) Android, with support for compressed archives, remote file servers, device-to-device file transfers, checksums, etc...
Two main components:
- XFiles application (that will be built as APK)
- Roothelper native executable (embedded as binaries in the libs folder)
Prebuilt APKs are available in the Releases section of this repo. RootHelper standalone binaries will be available soon.
Usage demos are available here.
Building from source
Build has been tested on Linux Mint 19 and Manjaro (x64)
- Clone the Roothelper repository
- [Optional] Botan amalgamated source code files for all needed target platforms are already provided in the botanAm folder, however if you want to regenerate them after having downloaded the official source: just run the script genBotanAmalgamations.sh after having set the variables $BOTAN_SRC_DIR to the extracted Botan source dir
- Point a terminal to the roothelper source base dir, then run the genRootHelpersAndroid.sh script, after having set the $NDKDIR variable to the extracted path (the default should already be fine under Linux), and the $XFILES_ASSET_DIR one to the root path of the XFiles project
- If you want to build RootHelper for your desktop platform (Windows/Mac/Linux/BSD), just run genRootHelperDesktopFull.sh which starts a CMake configure+build, or genRootHelperDesktop.sh which rebuilds a preconfigured CMake project
- Open Android Studio, then open the XFiles project (open, not import)
- If you plan to build Roothelper from source, ensure to install also latest NDK; install also CMake from the SDK Manager
- Build the project/Build APK from the IDE
Development tools used
- Android Studio - Main IDE
- PyCharm - For miscellaneous test cases, especially for RootHelper
- Geany - My favourite text editor on non-Windows systems
- Notepad++ - My favourite text editor on Windows
- Meld - An advanced DIFF tool
- Irfanview,Paint.NET,Inkscape,ImageMagick for icon design and processing
- Suggestions, bugfixes, pull-requests are welcome