Prismic.io Website Starter for PHP
This application is a "batteries included", ready to use website and blog engine. It is designed with document types similar to existing CMS like Wordpress, blog posts and pages.
- Download the latest release
- Unzip locally or on your server
PRISMIC_URLand if needed
- That's it!
To run it on your local machine, 2 possibilities:
- With PHP in command line:
- With MAMP: point the Document Root configuration to the
publicfolder of your Website Starter installation
- Your repository must be a clone of http://prismicwebsite.me. You can modify the default document masks, but that may require adapting the php source code.
- For the best performances, it is strongly recommended to enable APC to activate the cache. You can also use another caching system such as memcached, see the Prismic Developer's Manual for more details.
- If you cloned the github repository instead of downloading the zip, you need to install dependencies using composer:
Configuring the theme
The default theme colors and fonts can be changed directly from the Writing Room, without having to edit the theme or redeploy the application.
You can either change the default theme, or create a new one and set the active theme by pointing the "theme" bookmark to the theme you want to use.
Activating Disqus comments
If you want to give visitors the opportunity to leave comments on your blog posts, you can activate the Disqus comments.
- Register your site on Disqus
config.phpto update the DISQUS related variables
Writing a theme
Customizing the blog engine
The best way to adapt the blog engine to your need is to simply fork the code base and make the modifications you need, directly in the code.
The application is based on the Slim microframework.
Most of the application (routes and controllers) are located in the app/app.php file.
This software is licensed under the Apache 2 license, quoted below.
Copyright 2015 Prismic.io (http://www.prismic.io).
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this project except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.