Avatar Manager for WordPress is a sweet and simple plugin for storing avatars locally and more. Easily.
Enhance your WordPress website by letting your users choose between using Gravatar or a self-hosted avatar image right from their profile screen. Improved workflow, on-demand image generation and custom user permissions under a native interface. Say hello to the Avatar Manager plugin.
To get started, check out Avatar Manager on WordPress Plugin Directory!
Clone the repo,
git clone git://github.com/resourcestream/avatar-manager.git, or download the latest release.
Installation and Usage
Installation is simple as peas.
- Install Avatar Manager either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- After activating Avatar Manager, you will be able to customize the plugin options under the Settings Discussion Screen.
- That’s it. You’re ready to go!
Help Preserve this Project
Want to support this project for continued development and freely available for everyone? Here’s how you can help preserve Avatar Manager:
- Get involved. Contribute a patch or help resolving an existing issue or confirmed feature request, or submit a translation.
- Suggest adding to core. Whether you find Avatar Manager a good fit for WordPress core your feedback can help make a difference.
- Add your own review. Let others know how was your experience using Avatar Manager.
- Make a donation. Keep me motivated with a candy bar or a theater ticket. Is that simple.
Avatar Manager is a user-driven project, and all developments and enhancements depend on users like you! Become a contributor or make a donation, and get your name featured in front of a growing audience.
Thank you for choosing to contribute to Avatar Manager!
Have a bug or a feature request? Please open a new issue. Before opening any issue, please search for existing issues and read the Issue Guidelines, written by Nicolas Gallagher. Please submit all pull requests against development branches.
How It’s Made
Find out how Avatar Manager it’s made on Tuts+ Code.
For transparency and insight into our release cycle, and for striving to maintain backward compatibility, Avatar Manager will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch).
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch).
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch.
For more information on SemVer, please visit semver.org.
Avatar Manager is brought to you by these fine folks.
Copyright and License
Copyright © 2013-2016 Cătălin Dogaru
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.