This crate provides functions to parse the SSH 2.0 protocol packets. It is also able to recognize older versions of SSH in the identification phase. The main purpose of ssh-parser is to implement safe protocol analysis in network monitoring tools such as IDS and thus it is only able to parse unprotected packets (like the SSH handshake).
The following specification are partially implemented:
- RFC4253 The Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol
- RFC4251 The Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol Architecture
- RFC4250 The Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol Assigned Numbers
- RFC5656 Elliptic Curve Algorithm Integration in the Secure Shell Transport Layer
- RFC6239 Suite B Cryptographic Suites for Secure Shell (SSH)
- IANA SSH Protocol Parameters
This library is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1, or (at your option) any later version.