[WIP] An integrated development environment for Selenium scripts
This project is a work in progress, a complete rewrite of the old Selenium IDE. The older IDE was a Firefox extension that relied heavily on APIs that are no longer supported by newer versions of Firefox. In this project, the IDE is developed as a modern browser extension, supporting both Chrome and Firefox and other modern browsers (in theory).
As this is an early stage and many things aren't clear, it's quite challenging to collaborate and coordinate the efforts - so please be patient.
We are using SideeX as a start point. The SideeX team was kind enough to let us use their work.
peru requires a POSIX machine to work, for the time being you can only properly build the extension on macOS and Linux.
- Install the dependencies
yarnor if using Node 10
- Build the extension
yarn buildand then
yarn build:webdriverand then
yarn build:extfor faster development build (also includes beta features)
- Install as developer on Google Chrome or Firefox
Manifest located in
Here's a draft of the general tasks ahead. Feel free to pitch in and announce which you wish to take upon yourself:
- Extension UI - SeIDE users should feel right at home
- Selectors accuracy - an option is ranking selectors - we can optimize selectors correctness and test stability by collecting as many attributes as we can per user event. The most likely properties will be used for the selectors, with fallback to the others.
- Intelligent editing
- Export to selenium code in different languages
- Playback in a way that's consistent with web drivers
- Open for extensions
Questions or want to chat?
If you have questions, check out our FAQ.
You can also find us on on the #selenium IRC channel, which is also available on Slack.