Create React 360 Scala App
Make sure you have SBT and NPM installed.
sbt new shadaj/create-react-vr-scala-app.g8 ... follow instructions to create your app cd my-app/ # in one tab sbt "~fastOptJS" # in another tab npm install npm start
As soon as you start, React VR will launch a development server that bundles and serves your app. If you open the link printed to the console, you should see your VR app.
When you're ready to package a production app, create a minified bundle with
sbt fullOptJS, modify
index.vr.js to use the
-fullopt.js file and follow the React VR Instructions.
Get Started Immediately
You don’t need to install or configure tools like Metro or Babel. They are preconfigured and hidden so that you can focus on the code.
Just create a project, and you’re good to go.
You’ll need to have Node >= 6 on your machine. You can use nvm to easily switch Node versions between different projects.
This tool doesn’t assume a Node backend. The Node installation is only required for Create React VR App itself.
Creating an App
To create a new app, run:
sbt new shadaj/create-react-vr-scala-app.g8, follow the instructions that follow, then
This will create a folder
my-app inside the current folder.
Inside that directory, it will generate the initial project structure:
my-app ├── build.sbt ├── index.vr.js ├── fastopt-noparse.js ├── rn-cli.config.js ├── package.json ├── .gitignore ├── project │ └── build.properties │ └── plugins.sbt ├── vr | └── ... └── src └── main └── scala └── hello/world └── App.scala └── Main.scala
No configuration or complicated folder structures, just the files you need to build your app. Once the installation is done, you can run some commands inside the project folder:
Runs the app in development mode.
npm start to see your app
Builds the app for production. It optimizes the build for the best performance and minifies the build using Google Closure Compiler.
After building your Scala.js code, edit
index.vr.js to point to the new
-fastopt.js file. Then follow the React VR instructions to build your app.
Your app is ready to be deployed.
- No Configuration Required: You don't need to configure anything. Reasonably good configuration of both development and production builds is handled for you so you can focus on writing code.
- No Lock-In: Your generated project is free of any dependencies specific to create-react-vr-scala-app. You can start customizing the build configuration anytime without even needing an "eject" command!
The generated project uses the following tools and libraries:
- React 360 interface and hot reloading: Slinky
Why Use This?
With create-react-vr-scala-app you can quickly bootstrap a new application using Scala and React VR. Your environment will have everything you need to build a new Scala app:
- A familiar API for writing React VR code in Scala, with support for hot reloading components.
- A build script to bundle your code into an optimized package ready for deployment.