Read an Arduino via REST and upload value to Thingspeak
This is a great way to offload HTTP processing from your Arduino to another computer. It's useful when you still want to be able control the Arduino over a web interface (in this case via a RESTful web service) for automation application where it's desired to log data as well as control the device.
- Load your Arduino with this code:
- Change the IP address in 'log.py' to your Arduino's IP
- Load your Thingspeak API key into a JSON file 'apikey.js'
- Use the 'Modifiers.py' library to apply calculations to the raw sensor data
- If you are using Cron to run load.py, make sure to code an absolute directory to 'apikey.js'