Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Video streaming apps put into a phone background state can now properly stop the video streaming when it leaves a streamable HMI state. (#1047)
This feature removes
SDLTransport, and related classes from being
public. It also adds a Menu Manager that exposed through the
SDLScreenManager introduced in v.5.2.0.
SDLTransportand related classes and protocols. [SDL-0016] #454 [SDL-0017] #525 [SDL-0019] #603
- Add API documentation #97
- Added a Swift example app and expanded the Obj-C example app. #620
- Add System Capability Manager, allowing easier observance of capability changes. [SDL-0088] #916
- Add Menu Manager, making setting a menu (AddCommand / AddSubmenu) much simpler. [SDL-0155] #927
- Fix CarWindow api should allow app to manually set screen resolution by exposing protocol that should have been exposed. #908
- Fix notification of
hmiLevelchange when it has not changed. #918
- Fix SDLCarWindow does not send video after reconnection when lock screen is disabled. #937
- Fix Screen Manager images not sent on reconnection. #953
- Fix custom log modules in Swift. #962
- Speeds up video streaming resets when app goes from background -> foreground on the phone. #979
This release adds a new
SDLScreenManager which enables easier use of (so far) text, graphics, and soft buttons. Access it through the
screenManager property on
- Add a screen manager which currently handles text, graphics, and soft buttons [SDL-0134] #862
- Add soft button object and states, which allow for declaratively designing soft buttons with multiple states
- You can now create an
SDLArtworkwithout a name and a name will be generated based on a hash of the data. You can also now upload an artwork through
SDLFileManagerand have uploaded artwork names passed back to you [SDL-0124] #865
- You can now batch send RPCs either as a batch, or sequentially, waiting for the previous RPC request to respond before sending the next one. This may be useful for batch sending
addCommands or for sending a
performInteractionimmediately after the
createInteractionfinishes [SDL-0087] #723
- There is now a change registration manager for managing language [SDL-0054] #617
- (Navigation / Projection Apps) Fix single taps often being recognized as a pan; there is now a customizable threshold at which pans will be registered; it defaults to 8px #884
- Fixed crash when using log files #872
SDLUploadFileOperationnot finishing on error #860
- Work around a module
ListFilesbug on previous SDL Core versions #827
This release makes significant feature additions around video and audio streaming for
PROJECTION applications. There are additional fixes and additions for all applications.
- Log unsuccessful RPC responses automatically.
- IAP Transport reconnection optimizations.
SDLAudioStreamManagerthat does on-the-fly transcoding of audio files to an SDL compatible PCM format and can send that audio to be played. This is for
- CarWindow automated ViewController based streaming.
SDLSliderinitializer infinite recursion.
- Fix crash if disconnected while setting up the app icon.