src CLI provides access to Sourcegraph via a command-line interface.
It currently provides the ability to:
- Execute search queries from the command line and get nice colorized output back (or JSON, optionally).
- Execute GraphQL queries against a Sourcegraph instance, and get JSON results back (
- You can provide your API access token via an environment variable or file on disk.
- You can easily convert a
src apicommand into a curl command with
src api -get-curl.
- Manage repositories, users, and organizations using the
src users, and
If there is something you'd like to see Sourcegraph be able to do from the CLI, let us know! :)
curl -L https://github.com/sourcegraph/src-cli/releases/download/latest/src_darwin_amd64 -o /usr/local/bin/src chmod +x /usr/local/bin/src
curl -L https://github.com/sourcegraph/src-cli/releases/download/latest/src_linux_amd64 -o /usr/local/bin/src chmod +x /usr/local/bin/src
Note: Windows support is still rough around the edges, but is available. If you encounter issues, please let us know by filing an issue :)
Run in PowerShell as administrator:
New-Item -ItemType Directory 'C:\Program Files\Sourcegraph' Invoke-WebRequest https://github.com/sourcegraph/src-cli/releases/download/latest/src_windows_amd64.exe -OutFile 'C:\Program Files\Sourcegraph\src.exe' [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('Path', [Environment]::GetEnvironmentVariable('Path', [EnvironmentVariableTarget]::Machine) + ';C:\Program Files\Sourcegraph', [EnvironmentVariableTarget]::Machine) $env:Path += ';C:\Program Files\Sourcegraph'
- Download the latest src_windows_amd64.exe and rename to
- Place the file under e.g.
- Add that directory to your system path to access it from any command prompt
src -h and
src api -h for usage information.
Some Sourcegraph instances will be configured to require authentication. You can do so via the environment:
SRC_ACCESS_TOKEN="secret" src ...
Or via the configuration file (
src -h for more information on specifying access tokens.
To acquire the access token, visit your Sourcegraph instance (or https://sourcegraph.com), click your profile picture, and select access tokens in the left hand menu.
If you want to develop the CLI, you can install it with
go get -u github.com/sourcegraph/src-cli/cmd/src
- Find the latest version (either via the releases tab on GitHub or via git tags) to determine which version you are releasing.
9.9.9with the version you are releasing)
- Travis will automatically perform the release. Once it has finished, confirm that the curl commands fetch the latest version above.