OpenSegment Serial Display
OpenSegment is a ATmega328 based backpack for larger 7-segment displays. The ATmega receives data over digital interfaces (such as TWI, UART, SPI and buttons) and does all the PWM and upkeep of the display.
Larger 7-segment displays pull more power than a microcontroller is able to drive directly. OpenSegment has 8 PNP and 4 NPN transistors in order to drive the segments at their maximum brightness.
- Standard FTDI connection
- Arduino Pro Mini @ 8MHz bootloader
- 5V functionality
This part was created in Eagle 6.3
- /Hardware - All Eagle design files and 3D files(.brd, .sch,)
- /Production - Test bed files and production panel files
- Note: Firmware is not included in this repo. Please see the Serial7SegmentDisplay repo for the firmware.
- COM-11644- Red display
- COM-11645 - Yellow display
- COM-11646 - Green display
- COM-11647 - Blue display
- COM-11648 - White display
The hardware is released under Creative Commons Share-alike 3.0.