SparkFun APDS9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor Arduino Library
- Download the Git repository as a ZIP ("Download ZIP" button)
- Copy the entire library directory (APDS-9960_RGB_and_Gesture_Sensor_Arduino_Library ) to <Arduino installation directory>/libraries
- Open the Arduino program
- Select File -> Examples -> SparkFun_APDS9960 -> GestureTest
- Plug in your Arduino and APDS-9960 with the following connections
- Use the library manager
|Arduino Pin||APDS-9960 Board||Function|
- Go to Tools -> Board and select your Arduino board
- Go to Tools -> Serial Port and select the COM port of your Arduino board
- Click "Upload"
- Go to Tools -> Serial Monitor
- Ensure the baud rate is set at 9600 baud
- Swipe your hand over the sensor in various directions!
- /examples - Example sketches for the library (.ino). Run these from the Arduino IDE.
- /src - Source files for the library (.cpp, .h).
- library.properties - General library properties for the Arduino package manager.
- Installing an Arduino Library Guide - Basic information on how to install an Arduino library.
- Product Repository - Main repository (including hardware files) for the SparkFun_APDS9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor.
- Hookup Guide - Basic hookup guide for the sensor.
Products that use this Library
- SEN-12787- Avago APDS-9960
- V_1.4.1 - Removing blank files, updating library.properties file.
- V_1.4.0 - Updated to new library structure
- V_1.3.0 - Implemented disableProximitySensor(). Thanks to jmg5150 for catching that!
- V_1.2.0 - Added pinMode line to GestureTest demo to fix interrupt bug with some Arduinos
- V_1.1.0 - Updated GestureTest demo to not freeze with fast swipes
- V_1.0.0: Initial release
- Ambient and RGB light sensing implemented
- Ambient light interrupts working
- Proximity sensing implemented
- Proximity interrupts working
- Gesture (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, NEAR, FAR) sensing implemented
This product is open source!
The code is beerware; if you see me (or any other SparkFun employee) at the local, and you've found our code helpful, please buy us a round!
Please use, reuse, and modify these files as you see fit. Please maintain attribution to SparkFun Electronics and release anything derivative under the same license.
Distributed as-is; no warranty is given.
- Your friends at SparkFun.