Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Spring Framework Versions
This document describes new features, noteworthy changes, and provides guidance on upgrading from earlier versions. If you see anything missing or inaccurate, please submit a pull-request against individual pages, or create a ticket in JIRA.
- 5.1.x is the latest and recommended line
- 5.0.x has been superseded by 5.1.x, but is supported for Boot 2.0's lifetime still (~ March 2019)
- 4.3.x is the last branch of the 4th generation, it's got an extended support life until 2020 so you can migrate your applications to the latest generation safely
- 3.2.x is EOL, no further maintenance releases are planned in that line
We strongly recommend upgrading to the latest Spring Framework 5.1.x or 4.3.x release listed on spring.io/spring-framework.
- 5th generation and Spring Framework 5 FAQ
- 4th generation (4.3.x reference)
- 3rd generation (3.2.x reference)