PowerTip is a jQuery tooltip plugin with some advanced features like hover intent testing, tooltip queueing, and support for complex data.
This software is licensed under the MIT license.
- Download the latest stable release from the PowerTip web site or install jquery-powertip from npm.
- Add a title or data-powertip attribute to the elements you want to show tooltips for.
- Run the
powerTip()method on those elements.
You can find the documentation for the latest release version on the PowerTip web site. You will find the documentation for the latest in-development version in the doc folder in the GitHub repository.
For bug reports, questions, feature requests, or other suggestions the best way to contact me is to create an issue on GitHub.
Make PowerTip better! Join the league of awesome today by submitting a patch! The best way to submit patches is to fork this project on GitHub and submit a pull request. But if you are unwilling or unable to use GitHub I will accept patches in any way you can get them to me (JSFiddle, pastebin, text file, whatever).
These are general guidelines, not rules. I won't refuse a pull request just because it isn't the style that I use.
- Line wrap: Soft-wrap at 80 characters (go further if wrapping makes code less readable).
- Indentation: Use tabs for indentation.
- JSDoc comments: Use closure compiler annotations.
- Method chaining: Avoid long chained method statements, two or three max.