API creation made simple, secure and fast.
The most advanced open-source headless CMS to build powerful APIs with no effort.
Strapi is a free and open-source headless CMS delivering your content anywhere you need.
- Keep control over your data. With Strapi, you know where your data is stored, and you keep full control at all times.
- Self-hosted. You can host and scale Strapi projects the way you want. You can choose any hosting platform you want: AWS, Render, Netlify, Heroku, a VPS, or a dedicated server. You can scale as you grow, 100% independent.
- Database agnostic. Strapi works with SQL databases. You can choose the database you prefer: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, and SQLite.
- Customizable. You can quickly build your logic by fully customizing APIs, routes, or plugins to fit your needs perfectly.
Read the Getting Started tutorial or follow the steps below:
Install Strapi with this Quickstart command to create a Strapi project instantly:
- (Use yarn to install the Strapi project (recommended). Install yarn with these docs.)
yarn create strapi-app my-project --quickstart
- (Use npm/npx to install the Strapi project.)
npx create-strapi-app my-project --quickstart
This command generates a brand new project with the default features (authentication, permissions, content management, content type builder & file upload). The Quickstart command installs Strapi using a SQLite database which is used for prototyping in development.
Complete installation requirements can be found in the documentation under Installation Requirements.
Supported operating systems:
- Ubuntu LTS/Debian 9.x
- CentOS/RHEL 8
- macOS Mojave
- Windows 10
(Please note that Strapi may work on other operating systems, but these are not tested nor officially supported at this time.)
Strapi only supports maintenance and LTS versions of Node.js. Please refer to the Node.js release schedule for more information. NPM versions installed by default with Node.js are supported. Generally it's recommended to use yarn over npm where possible.
|4.3.9 and up||18.x||14.x|
|4.0.x to 4.3.8||16.x||14.x|
We recommend always using the latest version of Strapi stable to start your new projects.
- Modern Admin Panel: Elegant, entirely customizable and a fully extensible admin panel.
- Secure by default: Reusable policies, CORS, CSP, P3P, Xframe, XSS, and more.
- Plugins Oriented: Install the auth system, content management, custom plugins, and more, in seconds.
- Blazing Fast: Built on top of Node.js, Strapi delivers amazing performance.
- Front-end Agnostic: Use any front-end framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.), mobile apps or even IoT.
- Powerful CLI: Scaffold projects and APIs on the fly.
- SQL databases: Works with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, and SQLite.
Please read our Contributing Guide before submitting a Pull Request to the project.
For general help using Strapi, please refer to the official Strapi documentation. For additional help, you can use one of these channels to ask a question:
- Discord (For live discussion with the Community and Strapi team)
- GitHub (Bug reports, Contributions)
- Community Forum (Questions and Discussions)
- Feedback section (Roadmap, Feature requests)
- Twitter (Get the news fast)
- YouTube Channel (Learn from Video Tutorials)
Follow our migration guides on the documentation to keep your projects up-to-date.
Check out our roadmap to get informed of the latest features released and the upcoming ones. You may also give us insights and vote for a specific feature.
See our dedicated repository for the Strapi documentation, or view our documentation live:
Try live demo
See for yourself what's under the hood by getting access to a hosted Strapi project with sample data.
See the LICENSE file for licensing information.