Join GitHub today
Before we assign a class to a service, we should check whether the following topics have been covered:
- Does the service use first-party and/or third-party cookies?
- Can they change the terms at any time?
- Do they claim copyright (or what sort of license) over your content (where applicable)?
- Do you have a right to leave the service?
- Can you export your data (where applicable)?
- How do they work with third parties (contractors they use)?
- How do they work with government requests?
- How do they handle decisions about suspension of your account when they feel you breached the terms?
- Do they (try to) prohibit you from going to court against them?
- What happens to your data when they get acquired or when they shut down the service?
- How long do they keep your private data and what do they use it for?
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.