Mason Slash Command for Slack
Interface with the Mason Platform directly in Slack with
Built on Now.
Generate a Mason API key
On the Mason Platform Settngs page, create a new API key with the following options:
Securely store the generated key.
Then, using the Now CLI, run the following command from your terminal:
$ now secrets add mason-api-key <YOUR_API_KEY>
Create a Slack app
Create an app at https://api.slack.com/apps.
On the Basic Information page, copy the Signing Secret. Then, using the Now CLI, run the following command from your terminal:
$ now secrets add slack-signing-secret <YOUR_SIGNING_SECRET>
- Clone this repository.
- From the root directory of the cloned repository, use the Now CLI and run the following command from your terminal:
- After the deployment completes, copy the URL to your deployed project. This will be needed in Add the
/masonSlack Slash Command below.
- Optionally, visit the project page in ZEIT and copy the 'ALIAS' URL
/mason Slack Slash Command
- In Settings for your Slack app click on Slash Commands.
- Click the 'Create New Command' button and fill in the following:
- Request URL:
<YOUR_ZEIT_PROJECT_URL>(See Deploy above)
- Short description:
Interface with the Mason Platform
- Usage hint:
- Save your new Slash Command
Install your app
- In Settings for your Slack app click on Install App and follow the prompts:
- Click Install App to Workspace
- Click Install
/mason in Slack to use your new Slash Command.
- Get device information for a given device name