Installation of HHIMS Quick guide
- Install LAMP on the PC under LINUX *
- Clone this repository with all its files to /var/www
- Give this directory read privileges: sudo chmod 755 /var/www -R
- The repository comes with a demonstration license. If you want the name of your hospital/practice to appear on the reports, apply for a license from hhims.org. This license is free. Copy the license file that you obtain from hhims.org into this directory (/www/).
- You have to enter your information into the file: /var/www/application/config/database.php
At the top of this file there are four define commands that you will need to correct (e-mail is only used for sending out notifications - not essential).
DATABASE CONNECTION INFORMATIONS
$db['default']['hostname'] = 'localhost:3306'; $db['default']['dbdriver'] = 'mysql';
ENTER THE USER NAME AND PASSWOR DETAILS HERE FOR MYSQL
$db['default']['username'] = ''; $db['default']['password'] = ''; $db['default']['database'] = '';
- Open MySQL with the LINUX command: mysql -p
- Create a blank database using command: create database hhims;
- Give the MySQL command: use hhims;
- Give the MySQL command: source /var/www/install/install.sql;
- Give the MySQL command: source /var/www/install/data.sql;
- Start hhims from your web-browser (we recommend Google's Chrome browser) by entering the URL: 127.0.0.1
- To log on to HHIMS as a Programmer (with all privileges) username: demo password: 123
- If you want to run in a local area network, give a fixed IP number to the machine with the system on it and simply type that number into the browser on the other machines.
- We recommend the operating system Ubuntu. Installations are also available for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac PCs - contact email@example.com
Note: The basic distribution does not contain the SNOMED-CT terminology. You may qualify for a copy of the SNOMED-CT terminology for use within Sri Lanka. Make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief statement on how you intend to use it.
For further information, look at our web-site: www.hhims.org
For latest developments, look at our demo-site: http://hhims.mdsfoss.org