File Server - Simple Network Attached Storage
An easy to use file server that combines Windows-compatible network file sharing with a web based file manager. TurnKey File Server includes support for SMB, SFTP, NFS, WebDAV and rsync file transfer protocols. The server is configured to allow server users to manage files in private or public storage. Based on Samba and SambaDAV.
This appliance includes all the standard features in TurnKey Core, and on top of that:
SSL support out of the box.
Webmin module for configuring Samba.
Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
WebDAV CGI providing WebUI and WebDAV access.
File server (Samba) configurations:
Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
Preconfigured netbios name: FILESERVER
Configured Samba and UNIX users/groups synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
Access your files securely from anywhere via WebDAV CGI:
- web GUI access to your files, with online previews of major formats and drag-n-drop support.
- Pre-configured authentication (Samba).
- Pre-configured repositories (storage, user home directories).
Default storage: /srv/storage
Accessing file server via samba on the command line:
smbclient //188.8.131.52/storage -Uroot mount -t cifs //184.108.40.206/storage /mnt -o username=root,password=PASSWORD
Credentials (passwords set at first boot)
- Webmin, Webshell, SSH, Samba: username root
- Web based file manager (WebDAV CGI):
- username root (or Samba users)