Want to know the comprehensive database technology stack, including MS SQL Server, Azure etc? Check out Database Stack:
SQL Server monitor, manages sql server performance, monitor sql server processes and jobs, analyze performance, analyse system, object version control, view executing sql query, kill process / job, object explorer, database shrink/log truncate/backup/detach/attach.
Latest version executable download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/unruledboy/SQLMonitor/master/SQLMonitor.bin.zip
It uses linq and requires .net 4.0 (client profile), only support SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012, not for 2000, sorry :(
The implementation is quick, pretty straight forward, but I try to maintain the logic and make the job done.
There is an article about this project at code project: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/sqlmon.aspx
And there is the second article also at code project: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/sqlmonitor.aspx
Ok, I have to admit that I got bored so I just want to make something. It looks like I am reinventing a wheel(duplicating part of SQL Server Management Studio?), mmm, actually, I don't think so. I address something here that do not exist in SQL Server Management Studio at all, at least not in 2012RC0.
Step 1: a real monitor, keep tracking sql server actitivities(sql execution, cpu consumption, disk space etc), alert on customized notifications.
Step 2: support oracle/mysql/firebird/postgresql etc.
Step 3: accessible on any client (including mobile phones).
- Tracking sql server status, notify query execution and server status
- Version control, tracking table structure, index, trigger, view, function, stored procedure versions
- Server summary
- Analysis, expensive queries, thanks: http://sqlmonitor.codeplex.com/
- Performance Charting
- Object explorer, see object scripts, including tables, view dependencies.
- Process Visualizer, thanks: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/18378/Organization-Chart-Generator
- Detect dead loop and memory leakage
- Query, table data view
- Database shrink/log truncate/backup/detach/attach
- Syntax Color Highlighting, thanks: http://www.icsharpcode.net/
- Text comparison, thanks: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/diffengine.aspx
- Object/script search
- Support processes and jobs
- Keep tracking actual running sql query
- Automatically load lan sql server instances
- Auto refresh
- Auto update notification
- Grid grouping, thanks OutlookGrid: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/14388/OutlookGrid-grouping-and-arranging-items-in-Outloo