PHPExcel Library for Joomla! 2.5.x & 3.x
If you already know how to use PHPExcel and you need it for a Joomla! project, than this is a library package to be used in Joomla! Easy to install and update.
You can download the current version / older version of PHPExcel-Joomla-Library using the [PHPExcel-Joomla-Library download page] (https://bitbucket.org/vdespa/phpexcel-joomla-library/downloads) - kindly hosted by bitbucket.org.
- The current Joomla! Library is using PHPExcel 1.8.0.
// Import PHPExcel library jimport('phpexcel.library.PHPExcel');
require_once JPATH_LIBRARIES . '/phpexcel/library/PHPExcel.php';
Now you can create a new Excel document:
$PHPExcel = new PHPExcel();
- [PHPExcel Codeplex page] (http://phpexcel.codeplex.com/)
- [PHPExcel github page] (https://github.com/PHPOffice/PHPExcel)
This library is integrated with Joomla's automatic updates. Before updating it's mandatory that you check that your documents still work as expected.
Please note that PHPExcel releases from the 1.x will NOT get an automatic upgrade to PHPExcel 2.0.0 (when released).
Bugs? Problems? Feedback?
If you have any problems installing / updating PHPExcel Library in Joomla! feel free to [Add a New issue] (https://github.com/vdespa/PHPExcel-Joomla-Library/issues)
If you are having problems with PHPExcel itself and you think is a bug or something, check the [PHPExcel Issue Tracker] (https://github.com/PHPOffice/PHPExcel/issues)
- Special thanks to the [PHPOffice team] (https://github.com/PHPOffice?tab=members) which put the PHPExcel library together.
- Also thanks to Joe for the [inspiration] (http://www.ostraining.com/howtojoomla/how-tos/development/how-to-package-joomla-libraries).
PHPExcel is licensed under LGPL (GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE)