Development cycle automation.
Gitcycle is a
git wrapper that makes working on a team easy.
It assumes you are using pull requests along side GitHub Issues.
It connects to email, Lighthouse, and Campfire if you want it to.
Visit gitcycle.com to set up your repository.
gitc command does everything
git does, but with some extra features.
gitc for everything. It should just work.
First, checkout the branch that you will eventually merge your code into:
gitc checkout [BRANCH]
gitc branch + your ticket URL to create a new branch:
gitc branch https://xxx.lighthouseapp.com/projects/0000/tickets/0000-my-ticket
gitc pull without parameters. It knows what you're trying to do.
If you're working on a ticket branch, it will automatically pull the latest code from upstream.
Commit all changes and open commit message in EDITOR:
Ticket number and name are prefilled if present.
gitc push without parameters. It knows what you're trying to do.
After pushing some commits, put the code up for discussion:
When the branch is ready for code review:
This will label the pull request as "Pending Review".
If you want to view the pull request without updating the ticket:
Periodically check for "Pending Review" issues on GitHub.
gitc review pass [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Label the issue "Pending QA".
gitc review fail [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Label the issue "Fail".
Periodically check for "Pending QA" issues on Github.
gitc qa [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Now you have a QA branch containing all commits from the specified Github issue numbers.
gitc qa fail [GITHUB ISSUE #]
Label the issue with "Fail" and regenerate the QA branch without the failing issue.
gitc qa pass
Label all issues "Pass" and the merge the QA branch into target branch.
gitc checkout [TARGET BRANCH] gitc qa pass [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Immediately merge issue into the target branch.
See who is QA'ing what:
Check out an upstream or local branch:
gitc checkout [BRANCH]
Checkout a branch from a ticket URL:
gitc checkout [TICKET URL]
Checkout a branch from a ticket #:
gitc checkout [TICKET NUMBER]
gitc checkout user/branch
Nice to haves:
- gitc branch [lh]
- gitc branch [gitissue]
- gitc ready # switch me back to rc or master
gitc ready - issue already closed, will open a new issue
Conflict recording not working
- gitc qa pass [issue] should use a qa_rc_tongueroo_temp branch so it doesnt blow away the changes in the qa_rc_tongueroo branch
- not working : https://gist.github.com/819c99281f5d6492de47
- gitc qa pass (all), doesnt update lighthouse to state pending-approval
- Collaborator mode = work on same ticket, gitc ready readys ticket no matter who is working on it, if more than one ticket then we should have a feature branch that people are basing tickets off of
- Hook to run after gitc qa pass, so I can write a script for amit that will auto merge master into rc
- Issues aren't assigned to people
- On pass or fail, send email to Github email
- Note you can use gitc with a string (and get this working)
- gitc qa pass, should not set ticket to pending-approval if its already resolved
- Everything before colon in ticket name, make shorter somehow $ gitc st - shortcut
- gitc clean # to clean up old branches
- fail should change to inactive
- gitc pull: shouldnt matter who does it, it should update the latest br/rc, not working https://gist.github.com/22b1e248e8dba7a32288