Asynchronous Http Client for Android
An asynchronous, callback-based Http client for Android built on top of Apache's HttpClient libraries.
- Make asynchronous HTTP requests, handle responses in anonymous callbacks
- HTTP requests happen outside the UI thread
- Requests use a threadpool to cap concurrent resource usage
- GET/POST/PUT/PATCH params builder (RequestParams)
- Multipart file uploads with no additional third party libraries
- Tiny size overhead to your application, only 19kb for everything
- Automatic smart request retries optimized for spotty mobile connections
- Automatic gzip response decoding support for super-fast requests
- Optional built-in response parsing into JSON (JsonHttpResponseHandler)
- Optional persistent cookie store, saves cookies into your app's SharedPreferences
Documentation, Features and Examples
Full details and documentation can be found on the project page here:
If you want to use the HTTP PATCH-methods you have to include the httpclient-4.2.2.jar or newer. This makes the required HttpPatch-class available to the library as this class is not included by default on Android.
Note that all other HTTP methods are available without adding the httpclient to your project.