WordPress Test Project
Create a jobs list page pointing to individual job pages and a simple apply form.
On the jobs list page, a job will consist of:
- description (truncated to 25 words)
On the job page, there will be:
- position title
- company department (eg. Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- picture with default dimensions of 900 x 600px
- whether the job is On-site or Remote
- job description (can be a couple of paragraphs)
- apply button pointing to the apply page
Make all fields required in the WordPress admin.
Apply page will have a simple form with the following elements:
- subject - required input field which will be automatically prefilled with Re: [position title] based on which position the user arrived from
- email - required / input field
- CV - optional / file upload dialog
- cover letter - optional / textarea
- submit button
The form can be sent to an email address or stored internally in WordPress.
- Use Chisel and ACF
- For the form you can use a form plugin of your choice
- Add some minimal styling and make the pages responsive according your best judgement.
- Make the pages the smallest possible size - optimize images, disable jQuery or any other unnecessary scripts/stylesheets, etc.
- Set up a virtual host with your project repository name (eg. yourname-wp-test.test) so we don't have search & replace URLs when testing your project
- Store the whole WordPress installation into the test repository and also store a database dump to it.
Take your time but try to deliver it within 2 weeks time. If we don't see any activity in your test repository after 2 weeks (at least initial commits), we will automatically withdraw your application.