- Updated build system
- Meld now figures out most of the environment on its own
- Updating to new wrapper script - now a Python script. We no longer need other wrappers to run from command line, I hope..
- Updating to latest upstream
We have a build that works on machines different than mine.. That's a progress! I didn't have enough time to merge upstream yet.
This build includes fix where you can compare files directly from the command line.
/Applications/Meld.app/Contents/MacOS/Meld file1 ~/file2
Cleaned up the osx folder and README.md. Everybody should be able to build..
Prefer a dark theme?
sudo nano /Applications/Meld.app/Contents/MacOS/Meld
You're welcome! :)
This is a working version. It should suffice for everyday use. The only thing is that in its core, it's pretty hackish.
- Mac integration is done (need cleanup).
- Fixed being called from anywhere in the system for the Meld script. Useful for scm tools integration.
- Icons seem to be broken in some areas.
2- Code cleanup
This build brings 3.13.4 to OSX as dmg file. Please note that this is only packaging. I haven't yet modified the accelerators, the menu or the shortcuts. Yet, we get to have latest meld version. The point is that I would like to get this incorporated in meld mainstream ASAP to get others to work on it too.
- Everything that is in 3.13.4
- Adwaita theme instead of Tango. All icons are working.
- OSX accelerators and shortcuts. Use the CTRL instead of CMD keys for now.
- OSX Menu - we still get the Menu as part of the application.
- GTK Menus seem to be having issue with layouting on OSX. Won't fix that, but will move the menus to the OS X top bar instead.
This is for me...
To track download count..
First OSX / Quartz build
- An actual DMG file that you can install right away.
- No X required.
- Key mapping is Mac(ish)
- Used Clearlooks + Tango icon theme in the app so that it looks nice.
This was done on Meld 1.8.6. Newer versions of Meld use GTK+3 which I couldn't really get to act properly on OSX. The pop-ups don't feel right. I even back-ported GTK 3.15 and I still had no luck. We're sticking with GTK+ 2 for now. This means that we also have to stick to Meld 1.8.
I had some serious issues with gtksourceview building from JHBUILD. gtk-mac-integration-2.0.5 worked while gtk-mac-integration-2.0.7 was not found to be installed by gtksourceview configure script. Long story short: use gtk-mac-integration-2.0.5 and tweak some files in gtksourceview:
- gtksourceview-i18n.c: will break on quartz_application_get_bundle_id. Edit the file and change #if defined(OSX) to #if 0. It's OK as we only support English for now.
- Some tests will fail in gtksourceview. Just comment out the broken tests. They're mostly harmless.
I'm pretty sure there are still things that need to be done. But this is actually meld working nicely on Mac! Download the DMG file and just use it!