The add-on lives in Google's Script Editor but, in keeping with best practices, this repo is the source of truth, and the script editor will be overwritten with local changes.
This process needs to be performed once:
npm installto install all dependencies
- Follow the first step here: Node Google Apps Quickstart - "Independent Developer Console Project" is recommended.
- Download the JSON oAuth details
./node_modules/bin/gapps auth <PATH-TO-JSON-OAUTH-FILE>and follow instructions
- Edit the generated
gapps.config.jsonfile and change the value for
- Create a new apps script here: https://script.google.com
- Get the script ID from the URL (everything between the
./node_modules/bin/gapps init <SCRIPT_ID>
- Create a new WordPress.com App:
- Set the redirect URL to be
- Make a note of the app client ID and client secret
- In the app script, go to
- Select the
OauthClientIdand set the value to your app
OauthClientSecretand set the value to your app
Everything is now setup.
npm run deploy
This will use node-google-apps-script to upload the
src directory to the
add-on's script editor.
In the script editor choose "Publish" → "Test as add-on…" and then select a document to test with.
That will open a new window with your document. You will then see your project in the Add-ons menu.