GETTING STARTED WITH BACKENDLESS
The simplest way to get started with Backendless is by using a Project Template for iOS:
Register for your free account at https://develop.backendless.com
Login to Backendless Console and create a new app
Click the Download Project Template button:
Double click the iOS icon, then select Objective-C or Swift:
Click the Download button to download a template generated for your Backendless app
Unzip the downloaded file into a directory, let's call it
Open a Terminal window and change the currect directory to
pod updatecommands. Once all of the pod data is downloaded / updated, Xcode project workspace file will be created. This is the file you must open when working on your app.
Open .xcworkspace file to launch your project.
GETTING STARTED WITH COCOAPODS:
To create a new project with CocoaPods, follow the instructions below:
- Create a new project in Xcode as you would normally, then close the project.
- Open a Terminal window, and $ cd into your project directory.
- Create a Podfile. This can be done by running
- Open your Podfile with a text editor, and add the following:
- Save Podfile, return to Terminal window and run
pod update. Once all of the pod data is downloaded/updated, Xcode project workspace file will be created. This is the file you must open when working on your app.
- Open .xcworkspace file to launch your project.
- If you use Swift, it is necessary to add a bridging header file. Navigate to "Build Settings -> Swift Compiler ... -> Objective-C Bridging Header" and add the following: