The website for the Code for Hampton Roads Brigade
- Explain what Code for HR is and the type of work we do.
- To celebrate our events, projects, and discussions!
- Encourage current and new members to participate with clear ways to get involved.
- To have this site be easily reused by other Brigades just starting out.
Running the Site Locally on Your Computer
To run the site locally on your own computer (most helpful for previewing your own changes), you will need Jekyll installed (click here for Jekyll installation instructions.)
Fork and clone the repository, then run the following command in the root directory of the repo:
jekyll serve --watch which will watch for changes to files.
Your computer should now be serving your local copy of the site at:
Sharing Your Changes Using Jekit
You can use the nifty Jekit app to preview changes you make to this site.
To do this, fork this repo, and commit your changes on a branch to your fork. You can then preview what your changes look like by navigating to:
For a basic example of its usage, if GitHub user @lolname has made changes to the projects page on their fork (on the
master branch), they can preview their changes using Jekit by going to:
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the project.
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request.