When @officialmcafee posts his coin of the day, buy it ASAP.
How it works
- Read @officialmcafee's tweets in real time.
- Determine whether the tweet is a coin of the day announcement.
- If so, determine what coin it is.
- If it's on bittrex, buy it.
IT DOES NOT SELL!
That is left as an exercise for you.
Before you even try to install this, you need to have the following things installed:
# OSX brew install tesseract --with-all-languages # Linux (Ubuntu) apt-get install libtesseract-dev tesseract-ocr
I don't know what to tell you Windows people. Perhaps consider running Ubuntu under VirtualBox.
git clone email@example.com:DimensionSoftware/mcafee-bot.git cd mcafee-bot yarn
You have to go to both twitter and bittrex to get your own API keys.
Once acquired, I recommend putting them in
- Twitter: https://apps.twitter.com/
- Create an application.
- You can leave callback URL blank.
- After that's done go to Keys and Access Tokens and make some access tokens.
- Bittrex: https://bittrex.com/Manage#sectionApi
- Read Info should be ON.
- Trade Limit should be ON.
- Trade Market doesn't matter.
- Withdraw should be OFF for your safety.
- Binance: https://www.binance.com/userCenter/createApi.html (Coming Soon)
- Read Info should be ON
- Enable Trading should be ON
- Enable Withdrawals should be OFF
source secrets.env # You have to get your own API keys from twitter and bittrex! bin/repl
This will drop you into a node.js repl with an instantiated bot you can command interactively.
// The bot. bot // How much BTC are you willing to spend per purchase? bot.btcSpend = 0.25 // To get ahead of the pump, // what multiplier do you want to add to the current price when putting in the buy order? // bid == price + (price * bot.adjustment) bot.adjustment = 0.20 // If you want to see it read tweets: bot.verbose = true // If you want it to shut up (which is the default): bot.verbose = false // Make the bot connect to twitter and monitor tweets. VERY IMPORTANT! bot.init()
It is now waiting for @officialmcafee to tweet his coin of the day.