This is a personal website I built to show off some my projects. The website uses Bootstrap for the frontend and Python's flask framework for the backend with Jinja2 templating. This is a fairely simple website that has a navigation bar with links to web pages for displaying my projects, some talks I have given, and a contact page. The project is hosted on an AWS Lightsail instance that I configured using an nginx web server, with the gunicorn application server.
- This website can be found at jshaddix.com
- Third party python libraries listed in requirements.txt
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/Jim-Shaddix/Personal-Website.git
- You can than use the following command to download all the third party libraries needed to run this program.
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Run the application!
- If you would like to use this application, you should configure the mail
settings that are found in the
Config.pyfile. By default, the mail settings contain arbitrary values (because I am not interested in giving out my email password).
Some of the CSS styling I used for the banner and the navigation bar was based on this webpage.
- (this webpage comes from an open source repository).
I was able to build the form for the contact page by following this guide. This guide is slightly outdated for modern versions of the FlaskWTF library but it is not to hard to fill in the blanks.
I was able to configure my own SSL encrypted nginx webserver using the gunicorn application server on AWS Lightsail by following Corey Schafer's flask deployment tutorial.