WebSocket Server and Client for Arduino
a WebSocket Server and Client for Arduino based on RFC6455.
Supported features of RFC6455
- text frame
- binary frame
- connection close
Not supported features of RFC6455
- continuation frame
- max input length is limited to the ram size and the
- max output length has no limit (the hardware is the limit)
Client send big frames with mask 0x00000000 (on AVR all frames)
Limitations for Async
- Functions called from within the context of the websocket event might not honor
delay(). See this issue for more info and a potential workaround.
- wss / SSL is not possible.
- ESP8266 Arduino for ESP8266
- ATmega328 with Ethernet Shield (ATmega branch)
- ATmega328 with enc28j60 (ATmega branch)
- ATmega2560 with Ethernet Shield (ATmega branch)
- ATmega2560 with enc28j60 (ATmega branch)
version 2.0 and up is not compatible with AVR/ATmega, check ATmega branch.
Arduino for AVR not supports std namespace of c++.
wss / SSL
- wss client on the ESP8266
- wss / SSL is not natively supported in WebSocketsServer however it is possible to achieve secure websockets by running the device behind an SSL proxy. See Nginx for a sample Nginx server configuration file to enable this.
ESP Async TCP
This libary can run in Async TCP mode on the ESP.
The mode can be aktivated in the
WebSockets.h (see WEBSOCKETS_NETWORK_TYPE define).
ESPAsyncTCP libary is required.
Submit issues to: https://github.com/Links2004/arduinoWebSockets/issues
License and credits
The library is licensed under LGPLv2.1