The C++/WinRT language projection
C++/WinRT is an entirely standard C++ language projection for Windows Runtime (WinRT) APIs, implemented as a header-file-based library, and designed to provide you with first-class access to the modern Windows API. With C++/WinRT, you can author and consume Windows Runtime APIs using any standards-compliant C++17 compiler.
- Documentation: https://aka.ms/cppwinrt
- NuGet package: http://aka.ms/cppwinrt/nuget
- Visual Studio extension: http://aka.ms/cppwinrt/vsix
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++/WinRT
Don't build C++/WinRT yourself - just download the latest version here: https://aka.ms/cppwinrt/nuget
If you really want to build it yourself, the simplest way to do so is to run the
build_test_all.cmd script in the root directory. Developers needing to work on the C++/WinRT compiler itself should go through the following steps to arrive at an efficient inner loop:
- Open a dev command prompt pointing at the root of the repo.
- Open the
- Build the x64 Release configuration of the
cppwinrtprojects only. Do not attempt to build anything else just yet.
build_projection.cmdin the dev command prompt.
- Switch to the x64 Debug configuration in Visual Studio and build all projects as needed.
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.opensource.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., status check, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.