This extension brings the following functionality to ungoogled-chromium (and other forks that lack web store support):
- Allows installing extensions directly from chrome web store.
- Automatically checks for updates to your installed extensions and displays them on the badge.
- If you wish to install extensions directly instead of just downloading the crx, you must change the flag
Always prompt for install.
- Available extension updates will display on the badge, click to install them (note that non-webstore extensions may need to be installed manually even if you have the flag set.)
- Download the .crx from Releases and drag-and-drop it into
- Right click the badge and choose
Optionsfrom the context menu or access them via
- Automatic updates normally occur on browser startup, extension addition/removal, and once per hour.
- "Web Store" extensions refer to any that were obtained from the Chrome Web Store, despite displaying
Source: Not from Chrome Web Storewhen checking extension details.