This extension brings the following functionality to ungoogled-chromium (and other forks that lack web store support):
- Allows installing extensions directly from chrome web store.
- Automatically checks for updates to your installed extensions and displays them on the badge.
- If you wish to install extensions directly instead of just downloading the crx, you must change the flag
Always prompt for install.
- Available extension updates will display on the badge, click to install them (note that non-webstore extensions may need to be installed manually even if you have the flag set.)
- Go to
chrome://extensionsand enable developer mode (toggle in top right).
- Download the .crx from Releases and drag-and-drop it onto the
If drag-and-dropping does not work, try this workaround:
- Download the .crx from releases and extract the contents to a folder.
chrome://extensions/and turn on developer mode (toggle in top right).
Load unpackedand select the directory you extracted the crx to.
- Right click the badge and choose
Optionsfrom the context menu or access them via
- "Web Store" extensions refer to any that were obtained from the Chrome Web Store, despite displaying
Source: Not from Chrome Web Storewhen checking extension details.
- Please read the note in Release 1.4 if you wish to use the import/export feature.
If you wish to help with localization, follow these steps:
- Create a directory in
_localesnamed any supported locale code.
_locales/en/messages.jsonto your newly created directory and edit the "message" fields as necessary, you don't need to change anything else.
- Submit a PR or open an issue with your translation and I will merge it.
If you are a chrome extension developer...
and do not have your extension listed in the Chrome Web Store, you can still enable updates via chromium-web-store by hosting an update manifest file; see updates.xml in this repo for an example. You must also specify a url to access this file in your extension's
manifest.json under the
update_url field; again, see manifest.json in this repo for an example.