Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
This is not a major release, but a followup to v0.6. Mostly contains bug fixes and changes, no new major features added. You can read the full changelog here https://github.com/Orama-Interactive/Pixelorama/blob/master/Changelog.md#v061---13-01-2020
- Palettes. You can choose default ones or make your own! (Thanks to greusser/CheetoHead)
- Multiple theme support to better match your style.
- Image menu with new features (Outlines, Color invert, desaturation) for more editing power.
- Added a new splash screen window dialog that appears when Pixelorama loads. Patrons with the rank of Visionaries and above can participate in splash screen artwork contests for every version!
- Added a better circle, filled circle and random brushes!
- Pixelorama goes worldwide with even more translations! (Thanks to all those who translated)
- Added a layer opacity slider, that lets you change the alpha values of layers.
- Importing and exporting matrix spritesheets is now possible.
- Straight lines now have constrained angles if you press Ctrl. With a step of 15 angles.
- And, actually, a lot more! Click HERE for the full list of additions, changed and bug fixes! https://github.com/Orama-Interactive/Pixelorama/blob/master/Changelog.md#v06---06-01-2020
Read more on our blog here: https://www.orama-interactive.com/post/pixelorama-v0-6-is-out
- New and more practical UI
- Options for each tool
- New color picker tool
- Rulers and guides
- Mini canvas preview area
- Preferences window
- Greek localization
Read more on our blog here: https://www.orama-interactive.com/post/pixelorama-v0-5-is-out
- Undo/Redo, at last! For all the mistakes happy accidents!
- Mirrored drawing both horizontally & vertically.
- Lighten/Darken tool for shading!
- Tool that lets you paint all pixels of the same color, with another color!
- Importing custom brushes from a “Brushes” folder!
- You can now re-name your layers!
- Flip your sprite horizontally or vertically! (Thank you danielnaoexiste from GitHub!)
- You can now remove custom “project” brushes.
- Notification labels that appear when you do an action. For example, if you undo something you drew, a label will appear saying “Undo: Draw”. This one was a last minute addition!
- New animation timeline features: Ping-pong loop, and… onion skinning! You can choose how many steps in the past and future you want to look, and you can toggle Blue/Red mode! There is also an option to import new frames without deleting the others.
- New custom project file, .pxo! If you save your art as .pxo, all the hot data you need like layers, frames and color pallets get saved.
- New rectangle selection tool. Make selection, drag selection, hold Shift while dragging to drag the selection’s contents, copy/paste selection, you can only draw INSIDE selection, selection persists between layers and frames, use selection to select (duh) pixels from canvas and save them as…
- …CUSTOM BRUSHES. The gentle laborer shall no longer be forced to use the pixel brush! You can resize ’em, re-color ’em, map ’em to your mouse buttons. And yes, custom brushes get saved in .pxo files.
- Do you ever make tiles and want to see if they are seamless? Pixelorama’s got you covered with its new Tile Mode!
- Do you ever wish to see your art from different zoom levels at the same time? Pixelorama’s got you covered with its new Split Screen View!
- Do you ever wish to crop your sprites? Pixelorama can now crop sprites.
- Re-organized the menus and added an “About” window where you can find more info about Pixelorama.
- Brand new animation timeline! Add, clone, remove and change order of unlimited frames! The good news? Each frame can have a unique amount of layers, and even be a different size than the rest of the frames!
- New UI for tool options, divided in the left mouse tool and the right mouse tool.
- You can now choose a brush size for pencil and eraser tools! Each mouse button can have its own brush size. You can go wild with this!
- You can import multiple images as different animation frames!
- You can also export the current frame you have selected, or all the frames as multiple files, or as a spritesheet! Supports both horizontal and vertical spritesheets.
- Scaling your image is now functional! And it lets you choose from four different types of interpolation.
- You can toggle a grid in the canvas on and off.
- Added text labels on the bottom right for the frame’s size, the position of the cursor, the zoom level and the currently selected frame.
- Added hints for UI elements.
- Mouse cursor changes depending on where it’s hovering.