Clone this wiki locally
We'd like to set up a Read the Docs instance for all Pylons Projects github-hosted projects (Pyramid, Pylons, all Pyramid add-ons, all Pylons project libriaries such as Colander and Deform). The system should have the following features:
If we choose to run our own RTD instance, we should create a buildout for it.
Get all docs under Pylons Project namespace
Point out docs.pylonsproject.org to the namespace
Should show docs for all existing tags for each package.
Automatically publish new revision of docs when a tag is made to git
Automatically update a dev version of the docs for each package every X minutes, or on each commit?
Update documentation procedure
- Connect to github.com, and create an account if you don't have one
- Verify if the project you're looking for is already updated
- Fork the project to your own account, i.e. pyramid_beaker
- Remove entry for _themes in .gitmodule or .gitmodule itself if _themes the only one listed
- Run git rm --cached docs/_themes (or _themes depending of the package)
- Remove docs/_themes directory if it exists
- Add docs/_themes to .gitignore and/or _themes to docs/.gitignore
- In Makefile remove any entries for _themes
- Add this snippet in conf.py under Options for HTML Output
- Add an rtd.txt file in the project root with this content;
repoze.sphinx.autointerfaceand/or any other required package
- Test out the building process in docs directory with this command;
make clean html
- Send a pull request
- fix urls/links in distribution docs which point t other pylons project projects