Ruby development tools combining the powers of the Eclipse IDE and the Solargraph language server!
💎 Features at a glance
- Rich syntax highlighting and code folding
- Code completion
- Documentation hovers
- Rename refactoring
- Find references and mark occurrences
- Jump to declarations
- Code outline
- Compiler warnings based on Rubocop rules
- Code formatter
- Interactive debugger
- Run Ruby scripts with customisable launch configurations
bundle installon Gemfiles and
gem buildon gemspec files
- Basic support for web development with ERB Rails files
- Various other features part of the Language Server Protocol
Check out what's new in the latest releases!
💿 Plugin installation
You can install the plugin via the Eclipse Marketplace, or simply drag the following button to your running Eclipse window:
Alternatively, head to the update site and follow the instructions listed there.
Once installed, the plugin will simply kick in when opening any Ruby file in Eclipse; there is no Ruby-specific project type or perspective.
This plugin requires Java 11 or more recent.
The aim is to provide support for all Eclipse releases that are at up to two years old. Versions older than that may be dropped at any point without notice. That being said, the plugin should currently still work with Eclipse versions as old as 2019-03 (4.11).
✨ Tips and tricks
- You can fine-tune Solargraph's behaviour by creating a .solargraph.yml configuration file.
- Similarly, you can fine-tune the code formatting and compiler warnings with a .rubocop.yml file.
- To improve code completion and intellisense, it is recommended to generate YARD documentation for your gems (run
yard gemsin a terminal).
- For web development on ERB files, it is recommended to also install the Wild Web Developer plugin.
⭐ Support and feedback
Found a problem or need some help? Simply open an issue!
Find the project useful or interesting? Star the repository by clicking on the icon on the top right of this page!
💻 Code contributions
Want to make this plugin better, faster, stronger? Contributions are more than welcome, open a pull request and share your code!
Setting up your own working copy of the project is easy:
- Download the RCP and RAP Developers version of Eclipse.
- Fork the repository by clicking on the Fork icon on the top right of this page and clone it locally.
- In Eclipse, go to
Existing Projects into Workspace.
- In the
Select root directoryfield, indicate the location where you checked out the eclipse-solargraph repository.
Search for nested projectsis enabled, select all projects in the
Projectsfield and click
Set as Active Target Platform.
- You're ready to go! You can now either launch an Eclipse instance by right-clicking on the plugin project and selecting
Eclipse Application, or you can export a plugin archive file by selecting
Deployable plug-ins and fragments.
⚖️ License and acknowledgements
Eclipse Solargraph licensed under Eclipse Public License - v 2.0.
The following projects are used by this plugin:
- Solargraph by castwide: underlying language server (MIT License) and adapted marketplace logo (CC BY-SA License).
- Readapt by castwide: debugger (MIT License).
- LSP4E: Language Server Protocol support in the Eclipse IDE (Eclipse Public License).
- TextMate: Ruby language grammars (MIT License).
- Ruby: launch shortcut logo (Creative Commons License).