Shopify Theme Inspector for Chrome
A Chrome DevTools plugin that visualizes Shopify Liquid render profiling data so you can triage long-running code and reduce server response times.
Visit the Chrome Web Store page and select Add to Chrome.
How to use
🙋♀️ In order to proceed, you will need a Shopify single login account.
- Navigate to your Shopify store.
- Open Chrome DevTools.
- Navigate to the Shopify tab, located in the top group of tabs in Chrome DevTools.
- Click the ↻ (Load Profile) button to request and view your Liquid profile flamegraph.
Can I profile any Shopify store I want?
No, you can only profile stores that are linked to your single login Shopify account. If you can't log into the store admin with your Shopify account, you won't be able to request profiling data.
Shopify partner collaborator accounts will not be able to profile a store even with full access permission. Shopify will work on this issue, however, there is no timeline on when it will be done.
I'm not seeing the Shopify tab in Chrome DevTools
The Shopify tab will only show when viewing a Shopify Online Store.
I received an error page which says "This page cannot be profiled."
If you see this error, it may be because of one of the following conditions:
- Your account does not have access to the current store you are trying to profile.
- You might be trying to profile a checkout page, which is not supported by this extension.
- There was an unhandled error in the request, e.g. timeout, lost connection, etc.
If it was none of the errors above you can right click on Shopify DevTools , inspect page, and view console for error details.
To learn more about how to contribute to this project check out the contributing documentation.
If you find a bug please open an issue.
If you would like to request a feature, check out the feature request documentation.
View the internal documentation for more details on internal usage, development, and publishing new releases.