SolARModuleOpenCV is a module based on OpenCV, which is a library of programming functions mainly aimed at real-time computer vision. The library is cross-platform and free for use under the open-source BSD license.
OpenCV has a modular structure, which means that the package includes several shared or static libraries. The following modules are available:
- Core functionality (core) - a compact module defining basic data structures, including the dense multi-dimensional array Mat and basic functions used by all other modules.
- Image Processing (imgproc) - an image processing module that includes linear and non-linear image filtering, geometrical image transformations (resize, affine and perspective warping, generic table-based remapping), color space conversion, histograms, and so on.
- Video Analysis (video) - a video analysis module that includes motion estimation, background subtraction, and object tracking algorithms.
- Camera Calibration and 3D Reconstruction (calib3d) - basic multiple-view geometry algorithms, single and stereo camera calibration, object pose estimation, stereo correspondence algorithms, and elements of 3D reconstruction.
- 2D Features Framework (features2d) - salient feature detectors, descriptors, and descriptor matchers.
- Object Detection (objdetect) - detection of objects and instances of the predefined classes (for example, faces, eyes, mugs, people, cars, and so on).
- High-level GUI (highgui) - an easy-to-use interface to simple UI capabilities.
- Video I/O (videoio) - an easy-to-use interface to video capturing and video codecs.
- ... some other helper modules, such as FLANN and Google test wrappers, Python bindings, and others.