A collection of beautiful (and hopefully useful) React hooks to speed-up your components and hooks development
React custom hooks allow to abstract components' business logic into single reusable functions.
So far, we've found that most of the hooks we've created and therefore shared between our internal projects have quite often a similar gist that involves callback references, events and components' lifecycle.
For this reason we've tried to sum up that gist into
beautiful-react-hooks: a collection of (hopefully) useful React hooks to possibly
help other companies and professionals to speed up their development process.
Furthermore, we created a concise yet concrete API having in mind the code readability, focusing to keep the learning curve as lower as possible so that the it can be used and shared in bigger teams.
-- Please before using any hook, read its documentation! --
- Concise API
- Small and lightweight
- Easy to learn
$ npm install beautiful-react-hooks
$ yarn add beautiful-react-hooks
- useSpeechSynthesis and useSystemVoices
- useGeolocation, useGeolocationState and useGeolocationEvents
- useDrag, useDropZone and useDragEvents
- useMouse, useMouseState and useMouseEvents
- useTouch, useTouchState and useTouchEvents
- useLifecycle, useDidMount and useWillUnmount
- useSwipe, useHorizontalSwipe and useVerticalSwipe
Some hooks are built on top of third-party libraries (rxjs, react-router-dom, redux), therefore you will notice those libraries listed as peer dependencies. You don't have to install these dependencies unless you directly use those hooks.
Contributions are very welcome and wanted.
To submit your custom hook, please make sure your read our CONTRIBUTING guidelines.
Before submitting a new merge request, please make sure:
- make sure to write tests for your code, run
npm buildbefore submitting your merge request.
- in case you're creating a custom hook, make sure you've added the documentation (you can possibly use the HOOK_DOCUMENTATION_TEMPLATE to document your custom hook).