Clone this wiki locally
Group Organization Pages
Documentation useful this week:
git tutorial documentation
cython tutorial documentation
- Cython webpage -- cython is the newest most talked about wrapper, but only works for C/C++ to Python. Its real value is not as a wrapper, but as a Python -> C/C++ code generator. Since this involves wrapping it also serves that purpose well too.
- C++ Cython basics
Other wrapping tools
- ctypes -- ctypes is fragile but a simple standard that doesn't require another dependency from Python.
- SWIG -- SWIG is a huge tool that works (mostly) automatically. Unfortunately it generates code that only a mother could love.
- SIP -- a smaller version of SWIG only targetting C/C++ and Python.
- PyCXX -- never used but recommended to me 2 min before tutorial.
- Boost.Py -- good luck!
Tools for embedding snippets of C/C++ in Python
These tools accel at giving users a simple interface to creating a c functions to run over grids many times faster than allowed in Python.