Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Group Organization Pages
Documentation useful this week:
git tutorial documentation
cython tutorial documentation
- Cython webpage -- cython is the newest most talked about wrapper, but only works for C/C++ to Python. Its real value is not as a wrapper, but as a Python -> C/C++ code generator. Since this involves wrapping it also serves that purpose well too.
- C++ Cython basics
Other wrapping tools
- ctypes -- ctypes is fragile but a simple standard that doesn't require another dependency from Python.
- SWIG -- SWIG is a huge tool that works (mostly) automatically. Unfortunately it generates code that only a mother could love.
- SIP -- a smaller version of SWIG only targetting C/C++ and Python.
- PyCXX -- never used but recommended to me 2 min before tutorial.
- Boost.Py -- good luck!
Tools for embedding snippets of C/C++ in Python
These tools accel at giving users a simple interface to creating a c functions to run over grids many times faster than allowed in Python.