Code Climate PHP_CodeSniffer Engine
codeclimate-phpcodesniffer is a Code Climate engine that wraps the PHP_Code Sniffer static analysis tool. You can run it on your command line using the Code Climate CLI, or on our hosted analysis platform.
PHP_CodeSniffer helps you detect violations of a defined coding standard.
- If you haven't already, install the Code Climate CLI.
codeclimate engines:enable phpcodesniffer. This command both installs the engine and enables it in your
- You're ready to analyze! Browse into your project's folder and run
Format the values for these config options per the PHP_CodeSniffer documentation.
- file_extensions - This is where you can configure the file extensions for the files that you want PHP_CodeSniffer to analyze.
- standard - This is the comma delimited list of standards that you want PHP_CodeSniffer to use while analyzing your files. You may optionally include a relative path to a custom phpcs ruleset.xml file.
- ignore_warnings - You can hide warnings, and only report errors with this option.
- encoding - By default, PHPCS uses ISO-8859-1. Use this to change it to your encoding, e.g. UTF-8.
exclude_paths: - "/examples/**/*" engines: phpcodesniffer: enabled: true config: file_extensions: "php,inc,lib" standard: "PSR1,PSR2,my_custom_php_ruleset.xml" ignore_warnings: true encoding: utf-8 ratings: paths: - "**.php"
Supported Coding Standards
For help with PHP_CodeSniffer, check out their documentation.