Just Another Desktop Environment Application Kit ( JAK )
- Python >= 3.8
- PySide2 >= 5.14 or PyQt5 >= 5.13
- desktop-file-utils, for application.desktop creation: optional
git clone https://github.com/codesardine/Jade-Application-Kit.git cd Jade-Application-Kit
Install using pip
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
pip3 install Jade-Application-Kit
~/.virtualenv/python3 setup.py install
sudo python3 setup.py install
Install in Manjaro
sudo pacman -S python-jade-application-kit
JAK defaults to using PySide2 to use PyQt5 set this environment variable, this is read before the config file.
Setting bindings via config file, system wide is fetched last.
- User file location = /username/.config/jak.conf
- System wide location = /etc/jak.conf
Config file contents.
[bindings] JAK_PREFERRED_BINDING = PyQt5
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests.
Using from the command line
With the command line utility you can create a self-contained web wrapper's in a question of seconds.
jak-cli --url https://my-web-app-url --title Mytitle
Creating Desktop files in the user directory ( ~/.local/share/applications ).
jak-cli --url https://slack.com --title Slack --cde --desc "Collaboration software for connected teams."
#!/usr/bin/env python from JAK.Application import JWebApp url = "https://my-web-app-url" webapp = JWebApp(title="Mytitle", online=True, web_contents=url) webapp.run()
- We can match domains by starting letters or using Python regex.
- Block Rules: blocks any domain in the list.
- WebBrowserWindow Rules: deny any domain in the list.
- WebBrowserTab Rules: only allow domains in the list, if empty all are allowed, if they start with https:// they open in a new window.
Looking for wrapper's examples? Check Branches starting with
- Vitor Lopes - Twitter Codesardine
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
- Microsoft Office online for Manjaro
- Slack online
- Skype online
- Udemy online by Caleb Miller
- WhatsApp online
Missing yours?, let me know.
- Does not like NVIDIA cards and as such falls back to software rendering, so if you use one of them you have to do without GPU acceleration. Only PCI devices.
- As of Python 3.8 PySide2 is not compatible = https://github.com/codesardine/Jade-Application-Kit/issues/67, until this is fixed upstream set bindings via environment variable or config file.
Jade Application Kit is covered by the GPL license.
Copyright (c) 2015-2019, Vitor Lopes. All rights reserved.