Awesome WM Copycats
Themes for Awesome WM 4.x
|Author:||Luke Bonham <dada [at] archlinux [dot] info>|
A set of themes for the Awesome window manager.
- Autohide widgets
- Autostart windowless processes
- Fast MPD and volume shortcuts (first time this trick has been used in Awesome)
- Shortcuts for copying to the clipboard (no need for clipboard managers), toggle wiboxes, widgets popups, screenshots capture, moving and magnifying clients
- Quake drop-down terminal
- Calendar with current day highlighted and months switch with a click/scroll
- Notifications for new mails, current song, volume level, hdd critical state, low battery
- OpenWeatherMap integration
- Net carrier status notifier
- Symbolic tag names
- DWM-like textual layoutbox
- Cairo wibar
- Custom layouts
- No borders when there's only one visible client
- Freedesktop.org compliant menu and desktop icons
- Vi-like client focus
- Non-empty tag browsing
- On-the-fly useless gaps resize
- Dynamic tagging
Multicolor, inspired by lucamanni
Powerarrow Darker, inspired by romockee
Steamburn, porting of ok100's dwm
Holo, requested by amouly
Copland, inspired by foozer
Vertex, requested by swordfischer
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/copycat-killer/awesome-copycats.git $ mv -bv awesome-copycats/* ~/.config/awesome; rm -r awesome-copycats
The modular structure allows to
- set variables
- define startup processes
- change keybindings and layouts
- set client properties
- configure widgets
- define wiboxes and screen settings
theme.lua, so that you just need to change
chosen_theme variable in
rc.lua to preserve your preferences and switch the theme, instead of having N different
rc.lua full of redundancy.
Just do the following:
$ cd ~/.config/awesome $ cp rc.lua.template rc.lua
Then, set the variable
rc.lua to your preferred theme, do your settings, and restart Awesome (
Mod4 + ctrl + r).
To customize a theme, head over
Otherwise, if you want to be synced with upstream, modify
theme_path variable in
rc.lua like this:
-local theme_path = string.format("%s/.config/awesome/themes/%s/theme.lua", os.getenv("HOME"), chosen_theme) +local theme_path = string.format("%s/.config/awesome/themes/%s/theme-personal.lua", os.getenv("HOME"), chosen_theme)
theme-personal.lua and do your customizations there.
This way, you can safely
git pull anytime.
Complements are provided by lain.
Every theme has a colorscheme.
Additional software used:
unclutter firefox scrot mpd mpc dmenu xsel