The iconic font and CSS framework
Font Awesome is a full suite of 519 pictographic icons for easy scalable vector graphics on websites, created and maintained by Dave Gandy. Stay up to date with the latest release and announcements on Twitter: @fontawesome.
Get started at http://fontawesome.io!
- The Font Awesome font is licensed under the SIL OFL 1.1:
- Font Awesome CSS, LESS, and Sass files are licensed under the MIT License:
- The Font Awesome documentation is licensed under the CC BY 3.0 License:
- Attribution is no longer required as of Font Awesome 3.0, but much appreciated:
Font Awesome by Dave Gandy - http://fontawesome.io
- Full details: http://fontawesome.io/license
- v3.0.0 - all icons redesigned from scratch, optimized for Bootstrap's 14px default
- v3.0.1 - much improved rendering in webkit, various bug fixes
- v3.0.2 - much improved rendering and alignment in IE7
- v3.1.0 - Added 54 icons, icon stacking styles, flipping and rotating icons, removed Sass support
- v3.1.1 GitHub milestones
- v3.2.0 GitHub milestones
- v3.2.1 GitHub milestones
- v4.0.0 GitHub milestones
- v4.0.1 GitHub milestones
- v4.0.2 GitHub milestones
- v4.0.3 GitHub milestones
- v4.1.0 GitHub milestones
- v4.2.0 GitHub milestones
- v4.3.0 GitHub milestones
Please read through our contributing guidelines. Included are directions for opening issues, coding standards, and notes on development.
Font Awesome will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible. Releases will be numbered with the following format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility bumps the major (and resets the minor and patch)
- New additions, including new icons, without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor (and resets the patch)
- Bug fixes and misc changes bumps the patch
For more information on SemVer, please visit http://semver.org.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/davegandy
- GitHub: https://github.com/davegandy
To include as a component, just run
$ component install FortAwesome/Font-Awesome
dependencies in your
Hacking on Font Awesome
Before you can build the project, you must first have the following installed:
- Ruby Development Headers
sudo apt-get install ruby-dev(Only if you're NOT using
- Windows: DevKit
- Bundler (Run
gem install bundlerto install).
- Node Package Manager (AKA NPM)
- Less (Run
npm install -g lessto install).
- Less Plugin: Clean CSS (Run
npm install -g less-plugin-clean-cssto install).
From the root of the repository, install the tools used to develop.
$ bundle install $ npm install
Build the project and documentation:
$ bundle exec jekyll build
Or serve it on a local server on http://localhost:7998/Font-Awesome/:
$ bundle exec jekyll -w serve